Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Final Days of Mumbai Dude

The 9th of June was my last day of work at Netscribes. The same day, Netscribes gave a great party at The Leela celebrating its 6th founding day. It was as if I was being given a scintillating farewell. It was an evening of joy. I got all my requisite documents for the completion of my summers. And thus merriment was high on spirits :).















[See more pictures here]

The next two days were also a celebration for me. Back at the Wilsonl, I either had movies to watch or had some lively chat with my room-mate or Nitin who were still hooked to their projects. Most of the guys had already left. I was missing the company of Siam who had left earlier.

On 10th, Karra (who had also finished his project) and I decided on how to spend the day. We decided on a shopping spree at Lower Parel Lifestyle store. Although I could not get anything to suit myself, Karra purchased some gifts for his brother-in-laws. In the evening, we went to capture the sun set from Nariman Point. The evening was a wonderful experience. After our photo session, we went to The Tea Center, a restraurant specializing in Indian tea. That was a "kewl" experience with Karra trying to tell me all about tea and how it is processed, thus letting me know about his penchant for tea.






[See more pictures here]

The next day (11th June) was mixed with different flavours of Mumbai. I spend the morning with Karra watching MI3 at Regal. After the movie, he left for Panvel while I strolled the side walks looking at the various vendor stalls. It was nice to see many foriegners shopping and bargaining with the vendors.

In the evening, I patched up with Pratik who was telling me about his newly found love. Sanjeev was coming to see me and say good bye. I was to meet him at Churchgate station. So Pratik and I left for Churchgate. We met Sanjiv and his friend Dhiraj at Churchgate. We decided to celebrate our last meeting in Mumbai over beer. Pratik suggested that we go to his favourite bar New York just near Wilson. So we came back over to Chopatty.

At New York, it was a great time. It seemed as if Pratik and Sanjeev were long lost friends meeting after so many years. Sanjeev was really happy to meet a great boozer like Pratik as their wave-lenght was in perfect tandem. It was fun to watch them drink and chat while Dhiraj and myself kept to our capable limits. Pratik dedicated his favourite "Ya Ali" song to me while I dedicated "Bheegi Bheegi" song (from Gangster) to Sanjeev and Dhiraj who had come all the way from Andheri to say good bye to me.






[See more pictures here]

After New York's party, we went for a stroll on Chopatty beach. The cool evening breeze and a low tide was a perfect romantic match. We took some parting snaps. After seeing Sanjiv and Dhiraj off, I listened to Pratik's tale of love. So Mumbai had hit him hard. It reminded me of that song from Taxi No. 9-2-11 (Taxi number Nau-Do-Gyara) called "Mumbai Nagariya".

Thus ended my last three days of full-time masti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home