Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Summer of 2006: Netscribes

I wasn't sure about how would my summer progress before coming to Mumbai. But I must say that perhaps, I had the best summers from K.

I was placed at Netscribes, a knowledge solution provider in Mumbai. This company is really a great place to be at. Everything impressed me about this organization: people, culture, work place and the work. I had a great experience, both while working and not working. The best thing about Netscribes is it real kewl kewl culture...simply umbeatable!!

I was exposed to several live projects during my stay with the company. I started with a project dealing with General-Motors Corp, then moved into Islamic Banking and Bukeye Fabric Coating Company. I also did a study of the Global Semiconductor Industry (which I am planning to bring out as a report soon).

Working on the live projects actually gave me the feel of the demands in this sector, i.e knowledge solutions. Customers has various demands and a knowledge solution providers job is to fulfill these demands by providing a complete solution. Before coming here, I had no idea about the domain in which Netscribes works in. But now, I know that this is the sector which is going to boom (or bloom) now that the IT bubble has bursted.

I had a great opportunity to attend the induction program at Netscribes which was presided by the Netscribes CEO, Mr. Saurav Mukherjee. I was impressed by his words and method. I found him a man of skill and a great manager. He told the batch of new joinees about the trend of this industry called knowledge solutions. For the first time, I really came to know the difference between a service provider and a solution provider. I would like to discuss more about this topic in a later posting on this blog.

Other things I enjoyed about Netscribes is that it is a very resourceful company. Its IT infrastructure is fandu. They have subscription to Bloomberg and various other financial and information sites. They have good sitting arrangement and a real cool ambience were you can work with all your freedom.

At Netscribes, it was fun for more reasons than this. One important one being the company of good people I got (let me call them friends). Besides being knowledgeable in what they do, they are fun loving and helpful. I loved working with Manoj, Puneet, Amit, saurav, Mohit, Ravneet, Kejal, Venky and RK. Sanjeev, who joined a few days after me became my favourite companion at Netscribes besides becoming a good sutta partner.

The last thing I want to say about Netscribes is that its women folk is very beautiful.....

My program with Netscribes will end on 11th of June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home