Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mumbai Rains

Mum just gave me a call. As soon as I picked up the phone, she asked me, “Where are you? Is it raining that side? They say, there is flood in Mumbai already..”. She must be watching the television, I guess. Yes, Mumbai rain. I read about it. Now, by the grace of God, I am seeing it. Just one day of rain, believe me, just one day and it looks like it has been raining for a month without stopping.

I had the great Mumbai rain experience yesterday. Nitin P, my Kozhian friend, had come to Netscribes to see me. We decided to go back to the hostels together. Nitin was already drenched when I met him. The worst part was that he was carrying his lappy and water was inside the bag!! Nitin and Myself...drenchedhe was very worried if his lappy would ever work again…

When we were outside the Trade Star building, it was raining cats and dogs. the traffic on the Andheri-Kurla road was stuck. We somehow crossed the divider to the other side of the road in the hope of catching a bus to the station. But all the buses were over-crowded that we decided to walk. Nitin had an umbrella but the poor thing could not save 3 souls – his, mine and the lappy’s.

I was in fact enjoying the first showers. My only concern was those huge lightening. It was as if one would just strike on my head. Baring this, walking to the station was really a joy for me. The only solace for Nitin was the beautiful women, all drenched to their skin and those coming out in full beauty of their figures. He was in Andheri for the first time andNitin worrying about his laptop for me, everything was old now, except the rain.

We crossed the water-logged roads to the station from where we took a fast train to Mumbai central. Believe me, even the train compartments were flooded!! And to tell you the secret, we were traveling by first-class despite having second class tickets .

We shifted trains at Mumbai Central. At Grant Road, everything other than the plateform was under water. No taxi was ready to go to Wilson. So went up the fly-over and sat on a bus. But the traffic was so bad that we decided to walk to the hostel.

Phew!! God, what will happen to this city in the coming days?

Read more about Mumbai Rains and see pictures here.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BD aka MD,
why did u tavel in 1st class when ur supposed to be in 2nd. u'll get caught again!! (i might just spill the beans).
next time becareful. u dont want to repeat the bad experiences. :)
just being concerned. ok dont feel bad.

 
At 10:17 PM PDT, Blogger biplab.das said...

thank u siam.the excuse this time was the rain. next time will be careful :)

 
At 11:15 PM PDT, Blogger Amit Gaur said...

office jaana itna jaruri hai kya !!!

 
At 11:25 PM PDT, Blogger biplab.das said...

nahi tha par what to do, mausam mast tha and ye dil dewana...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home