Wednesday, May 31, 2006

~;;~LOVE ON THE WAY HOME~;;~

[This is a poem written many years ago in IIT Guwahati by me. After coming to Mumbai, those beautiful moments seems to come back to me everyday...]
A
s I boarded the neck thronged bus,
I saw those black glittering eyes;
For two seconds, I kept looking,
But those busy big eyes rolled aside.

I sat behind that golden goddess;
I saw those black wavelets on her;
Ten thosands of hearts must have felt the same,
Ten thousand desires she did carry in them.

I wanted to feel her, touch her golden skin,
Wanted to feel the warmth of her breath,
To tell her my heart how I felt,
And kiss her nectered lips sweet.

She chatted with a friend all the way;
I felt her knowledge profound;
Such a beauty and such a mind,
Rare forms of goodness had I found.

Sometimes she did look behind,
And when I eyed deep inside her,
I would see the depth in her big black eyes:
Yes, thousands of grieve sticken hearts they must have pacified.

What name shall I call you, I know not;
O, love need no name, need she ?
And as I got off the bus, I eyed her once more;
There she sat, so subtle in her beauty,
She did look at me as if she wanted me to stay;
It did pain me to go, but I had to leave;
O, how I desired her to stop me;
But then the gift of her beauty do I share,
And I know I can love her anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home