Monday, July 31, 2006

The X-Effect

If you have been a regular visitor to my blog, you must have been wondering why I wasn't doing any posting, right? Several reasons:

(1) The government's temporary ban of blogspot after the Mumbai local train blasts.
(2) My mid-terms.
(3) Nothing great to write about.
(4) My experiments with boredom, and..
(5) The X-Effect.

Perhaps, the last one is a more significant reason for my not writing anything new on my blog. For the last 3 weeks, I have been watching the X-files and I have completed 48 episodes of Season 1 and Season 2.

I find the TV serial as one of the finiest I have ever watched: unbeatable plot, mind blowing idea, great acting and wonderful picturization. I love the characters Mulder and Scully and despite all their differences, the professionalism these caharacters show. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are both FBI agents. Mulder is a believer in the paranormal while Scully is not. Together, they investigate paranormal cases which takes them all the way to alien conspiracies within the US government, risking both their lives and career.The best part of X-files is the unconventional finishing where the viewer is left to think that "the truth is still out there" for him to discover.

With each episode, I seem to be starting to believe that paranormality is an existing phenomena and where human knowledge of normality ends within the boundaries of the present theories of science, paranormality begins. In the X-files, most of the paranormal phenomena have been reasoned as "unnatural" distortion of natural science and beyond human comprehension. My believe is that since human knowledge is limited by the rigid boundaries of scientific reasoning, it won't be a wise decision to deny anything from occuring which our scienctific knowledge cannot reason.

Whatsoever, the X-files is a great show to watch and enjoy. And if you are of the inquisitive types and enjoy reading science-fiction and detective stories, you will have several reasons of enjoying the episodes, besides just getting to know about various paranormal phenoman.

I am now about to catch up with Season 3 episodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home